WHAT is Venture Lane?
Venture Lane is Boston’s premier startup hub located in the heart of downtown. We curate a community of Boston’s leading B2B tech startups and help them grow!
Venture Lane is comprised of three unique subsets: Studio, Space, and Connex.
- Venture Lane Studio is a newly launched 3-month bespoke Traction Studio bringing together a cohort of 3-4 companies to nail their Go-to-Market strategy, solidify efficient and effective company operating systems, and fundraise successfully. We have a founder-first, hands on approach that allows us to impact each company in a meaningful and measurable way.
- Venture Lane Space (Co-working) is an invite-only shared workspace for Boston’s best B2B tech startups. We have 10,000 sq feet of stylish ‘hygge’ space, 50+ member companies, and unlimited espresso!
- Venture Lane Connex is Boston’s highest quality network of 1,300+ Boston based founders, mentors, and investors. Throw in our weekly mentor-driven programming, monthly socials, exclusive Slack channel, and other game changing startup resources, and you’ve got Boston’s best community for B2B startups!
what is the role?
As the Marketing and Operations Intern, you will help drive success in every subset under the Venture Lane umbrella.
- In the Venture Lane Studio, you will help support our Studio teams get acclimated to the Venture Lane space as well as work to fully integrate these founders and teams into the larger Venture Lane community.
- In the Venture Lane Space (Co-working), you will spearhead the customer experience and bring positive vibes to the front of house – managing space operations and helping members and guests alike feel warm & welcome.
- With Venture Lane Connex, you will help Venture Lane maintain a rip-roaring digital presence by contributing to our social media accounts, community newsletters, Slack, and other channels. As in-person networking & social events safely come back into the fold, we’ll look to you for input on venue selection, help sending out invitations, and presence to assist with day-of operations. We throw the best social events in town!
We know a lot of folks are working remote, but we believe the strongest communities are cultivated in person. The role requires in-office presence 3 days a week, so please keep that in mind when applying.
any great perks?
In addition to supercharging your personal and professional network with the biggest movers and shakers in Boston’s startup ecosystem, perks include:
- Team lunches
- All the coffee, tea, and espresso you’d like (!!!)
- Prime location, right in the heart of downtown Boston
- 1:1 training and mentorship through the Venture Lane team
- Access to networking events at some of Boston’s most beloved spots
main responsibilities for the role?
- Making everyone feel warm and welcome by being a positive front-of-house presence. Chat members up in the lounge, make friends, and be a great host!
- Driving the in-person experience by providing excellent customer service to existing members and new guests.
- Keeping our space operations running like a well oiled machine (kitchen stocking, mail sorting, manning the front desk, etc).
- Creating content for Venture Lane’s social media channels, blog, and newsletters.
- Owning data-integrity by enriching contact information in our database and tracking and reporting on various marketing analytics.
- Getting everyone in our community mixing & mingling by facilitating our Slack workspace.
- Ensuring that our events go off without a hitch by coordinating pre and post-event communication with our sponsors, helping managing RSVPs and owning general day-of logistics.
any preferred skills?
- High EQ and interpersonal skills. You get your energy from people.
- Ability to provide top-notch customer service. Hospitality comes naturally to you.
- Basic marketing chops. You can put together cool graphics, write compelling snip-its, and manage a posting schedule. Video editing skills are a plus but not required.
- Event organizing. You can be the floor general, coordinating a myriad of moving parts during our Venture Lane events.
- A knack for picking up new tech. Our main tools are Asana, HubSpot, Slack, Canva, Quickbooks, and WordPress to name a few.
This is a Fall 2022 internship with ideal start date in September 2022.